Worldwide Blockbuster Hit shonen anime series Demon Slayer will be returning for a second season this year Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba -Entertainment District Arc- (Jap.: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Yuukaku–hen) building on the runaway popularity of its debut 2019 season 1 and the 2020 feature film Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train. Read on to find out Demon Slayer Season 2 release date and take a look at the trailer.
Demon Slayer Season 2 Release Date
On the official website of the anime adaptation of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba new details for the broadcast of the second season were announced today. In addition, it is clear which providers will show the new episodes in the simulcast.
The second season will therefore start on October 10, 2021 with the “Mugen Train” arc, which was previously adapted to the series in the film. The first episode, which has a running time of one hour, should offer completely new content and show the day before the events in the movie. The remaining six episodes of the arc also promise some new scenes and revised music.
The Demon Slayer Season 2 “Entertainment District” arc starts on December 5, 2021. The first episode is also a one-hour special. The broadcast of the complete second season will span two consecutive cours (three months each) – from October 2021 to March 2022.
As part of the “Kimetsu TV Anime New Information Announcement Special”, a new key visual for the upcoming second season of the Shonen series Demon Slayer was released, which you can watch below.
The Japanese TV launch of the new episodes is still planned for this year. However, a concrete date has not yet been mentioned. Due to the great success of the “Demon Slayer” brand, the second season will be broadcast on over 30 channels (including Fuji TV and Tokyo MX) in Japan.
Yahoo Japan article states that they contacted Fuji TV to ask about a possible program change, as the broadcast of the Demon Slayer Season 2 has been announced for 2021. Although they could not confirm the date, they did not deny a start in October 2021 either. Since an official confirmation is still pending, this information should be taken with caution. We will inform you as soon as the start date is confirmed.
We may find out more very soon, as Aniplex confirmed on May 28 that it will share updates about Demon Slayer during its Aniplex Online Fest on July 4 (Japan time).
The first round of #AOF2021 programming is here!— Aniplex of America (@aniplexUSA) May 28, 2021
👹 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
⚔️ Sword Art Online the Movie -Progressive- Aria of a Starless Night
✨ Fate/Grand Order ANIME PROJECT
🎀 Madoka Magica x Magia Record
Stay up to date by visiting https://t.co/gJRUhg1WUv !
A trailer for season 2 was also released that showcased some things that will happen in the upcoming season. Demon Slayer Season 2 will cover the famous Entertainment District Arc from the anime. Take a look at the trailer below.
Sotozaki also directs ufotable (Fate/Zero, God Eater, Kara no Kyoukai) in the second season. Akira Matsushima returns to character design, while all speakers slip into their familiar roles again. My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer manga ranked on the list in New York Times in September. You can see a first teaser and a visual below.
On the official Twitter account of “Demon Slayer”, it was announced that the Sequel film has reached a record of 32.48 billion yen (about 256.56 million euros) with 24.05 million visitors in 73 days, making it the most successful film of all time in Japanese cinemas.
“Chihiro’s Journey to the Magic Land” is in second place with a recording result of 31.68 billion yen (about 249.19 million euros). This is followed by “Titanic” with 27.05 billion yen, “The Ice Queen” with 25.50 billion yen and “Your Name.” with 25.03 billion yen.
In Europe, “Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train” is expected to be shown in cinemas on 25 March 2021 with English and Japanese voice output.
Trailer of Demon Slayer Season 2
About Demon Slayer Author
Koyoharu Gotouge is a Japanese manga artist, known for the manga series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Gotouge received an honorable mention at the 70th Jump Treasure Newcomer Manga Awards for their Kagarigari one-shot in 2013, which became the prototype for Kimetsu no Yaiba.
The latter began serializing in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2016 and ended its four-year run on May 18. Shueisha shipped the 23rd and final volume on December 4. Kimetsu no Yaiba has a cumulative 150 million copies of its compiled volumes in circulation.
Visual of Demon Slayer Season 2
Characters, Cast & Staff of Demon Slayer Season 2
I. Characters & Cast
|Tanjirou Kamado||Natsuki Hanae|
|Nezuko Kamado||Akari Kitou|
|Zenitsu Agatsuma||Hiro Shimono|
|Inosuke Hashibira||Yoshitsugu Matsuoka|
|Tengen Uzui||Katsuyuki Konishi|
- Tanjiro Kamado: is the main protagonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a Demon Slayer in the Demon Slayer Corps, who joined to find a remedy to turn his sister, Nezuko Kamado, back into a human.
- Nezuko Kamado: is the deuteragonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. She is a Demon and the younger sister of Tanjiro Kamado and one of the two remaining members of the Kamado family. Formerly a human, she was attacked and turned into a Demon by Muzan Kibutsuji.
- Kyojuro Rengoku: was a major supporting character of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and a major character in the Mugen Train Arc. He was a Demon Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps and the former Flame Hashira.
- Kokushibo: is a major supporting antagonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a Demon affiliated with the Twelve Kizuki, holding the highest position, Upper Rank One.
- Giyu Tomioka: is a major supporting character of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a Demon Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps and the current Water Hashira.
- Shinobu Kocho: is a major supporting character of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. She is a Demon Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps and the current Insect Hashira.
- Muzan Kibutsuji: is the main antagonist of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is the Demon King, the first of his kind, as well as the progenitor of all other Demons in existence.
II. Production Team
|Original Creator||Koyoharu Gotouge|
|Character Design||Akira Matsushima|
Where To Watch Demon Slayer
Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on:
Plot of Demon Slayer Season 2
Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke aided by the Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui travel to Yoshiwara red light district to hunt down a demon that has been terrorizing the town.