On the official Twitter account of “Jujutsu Kaisen” it was announced recently that there are now over 10 million copies of Gege Akutami’s manga series in circulation. Digital sales were also included.
Anime adaptation is currently airing
Gege Akutami started Jujutsu Kaisen, in 2018 in Shueisha’s “Weekly Shonen Jump” magazine. The series currently comprises 13 volumes, Shueisha began to simulpublish the series in English on the app and website Manga Plus in January 2019.
An anime adaptation is currently being produced under the direction of Sunghoo Park (“The God of High School”) in the MAPPA studio. Hiroshi Seko (“Attack on Titan: Lost Girls”) writes the script, while Tadashi Hiramatsu (“Yuri !!! on Ice”) is responsible for the character design.
The series has aired on Japanese television since October 2, 2020. In this country, Crunchyroll secured the license for the anime and shows a new episode in the original sound with English subtitles in the simulcast every Friday at 7.45 p.m.
- Satoru Gojou: Yuuichi Nakamura
- Yuuji Itadori: Junya Enoki
- Megumi Fushiguro: Yuuma Uchida
- Nobara Kugisaki: Asami Seto
- Sukuna Ryoumen: Junichi Suwabe
- Director: (Director of “The God of High School”) Sunghoo Park
- Producer: (‘The God of High School”, “Attack on Titan: The Final Season”) MAPPA
- Script: (“Attack on Titan: Lost Girls”) Hiroshi Seko
- Character Design: (“Yuri !!! on Ice”) Tadashi Hiramatsu
- Music: (“Dr. Stone”, “The God of High School”) Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Yoshimasa Terui, Arisa Okehazama
High school student Yuji is rather inconspicuous, but behind his inconspicuous facade there is a tremendous power. The school’s sports clubs dream of Yuji becoming a member, but he prefers to hang out with the nuts at the paranormal club. One day the members of the club get their hands on a sealed, cursed object. When they open the seal, they have no idea what horror they are conjuring up.