Pregnancy is magical and beautiful and truly one of life’s greatest miracles… but putting all that aside the whole 9 months is actually better pretty much one big struggle. So we’re calling all you mamas who might just need a little humor to get you through it to read through some of our very favorite funny pregnancy quotes. After all, we could all use a little inspiration sometimes. Take a trip down the 50 pregnancy quotes we could come up with– you’ll be sure to get a good laugh out of it! We also have a great collection of Congratulations on Pregnancy | Wishes, and Messages.
PREGNANCY QUOTES THAT EVERY MOM WILL RELATE TO!
Let us have a glimpse at the best quotes on pregnancy and motherhood enlisted here.
1. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.”– Harriette Hartigan
2. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” and so in you the child your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.”– Osho
3. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.”-Mary Mason
4. “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.”– John Stevenson
5. “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.”– Emily Perkins
6. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.”– Author Unknown
7. “Making the decision to have a baby is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”– Elizabeth Stone
8. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.”– Author Unknown
9. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.”– Benjamin Spock
10. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.”– Anne Christian Buchanan
11. “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.”– Maggie Scarf
12. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love.”– Maureen Hawkins
13. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”–Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
14. “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.”– Larry Barretto
15. “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.”– Robin Lim
16. “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are bold and you are beautiful. Go forward in your boldness, in your beauty and in your contentedness. Trust your body to birth and know that the collective power of women worldwide will be with you.”– Author Unknown
17. “In pregnancy, there are two bodies, one inside the other. Two people live under one skin. When so much of life is dedicated to maintaining our integrity as distinct beings, this bodily tandem is an uncanny fact.”– Joan Raphael-Leff
18. “Pregnant women! They had that weird frisson, an aura of magic that combined awkwardly with an earthy sense of duty. Mundane, because they were nothing unique on the suburban streets; ethereal because their attention was ever somewhere else. Whatever you said was trivial. And they had that preciousness which they imposed wherever they went, compelling attention, constantly reminding you that they carried the future inside, its contours already drawn, but veiled, private, an inner secret.”– Ruth Morgan
19. “Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”– Jodi Picoult
20. “A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother’s love”– Thomas C Haliburton
21. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.”– Author Unknown
22. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished ever moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.”– Erma Bombeck
23. “There is no way out of the experience except through it, because it is not really your experience at all but the baby’s. Your body is the child’s instrument of birth.”– Penelope Leach
24. “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!”– Tori Spelling
25. “All the time we wondered and wondered, who is this person coming, growing, turning, floating, swimming deep, deep inside?”– Crescent Dragonwagon
26. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.”– George Bernard Shaw
27. “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.”– Jessica Simpson
28. ” The most important thing she’d learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”– Jill Churchill
29. “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.”– Catherine Jones
30. “I begin to love this little creature, and to anticipate his birth as a fresh twist to a know which I do not wish to unite.”– Mary Wollstonecraft
31. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.”– Carrie Fisher
32. “Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”– Elizabeth Stone
33. “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.”– Holly Madison
34. “When you moved, I felt squeezed with a wild infatuation and protectiveness. We are one. Nothing, not even death, can change that.”– Suzanne Finnamore, The Zygote Chronicles
35. “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.”– E.B. White,Charlotte’s Web
36. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman, Are the handsomest two things that can be seen common.”–Benjamin Franklin
37. “Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart.”– Mandy Harrison
38. “There is a sanctity involved with bringing a child into this world, it is better than bombing one out of it.”– James Baldwin
39. “My mother groaned, my father wept, into the dangerous world I leapt.”– William Blake
40. “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.”– Judy Ford
41. If you didn’t know, you’re allowed to eat as much as you want.
42. “Prenatal yoga focuses on breathing and stretching. So does napping.”
43. At 8 months pregnant, one does not simply “roll over in bed”
44. A little inspiration for post pregnancy
45. “A tip for expecting dads… never, ever eat the last anything”
46. “Don’t ask me why I am crying because I don’t know.”
47. Hey, that’s something.
48. “I’m proof birth control is 99% effective.”
49. “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body–meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit,” -Amy Adams
50. Oh so exhausting.
Hope you liked our cute pregnancy quotes for moms. Do share your valuable feedback with us in the comment section below.