The new romantic series Miss Nagatoro (‘Official website‘) has captivated many anime fans. They are now wondering if, and especially when, a second season will see the light of day. The first season was fun to watch, so this article will discuss everything about When comes out Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san or Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2?
Mangaka Nanashi (774) launched the series in November 2017 in “Magazine Pocket”. The Japanese publisher Kodansha has so far published seven volumes. An English-language translation has been published by Vertical Comics since last autumn.
Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2 Release Date
The series is directed by Hirokazu Hanai (Assistant Director of ‘Tower of God’) at Studio Telecom Animation Film. Taku Kishimoto (‘Erased‘) writes the script, while Misaki Suzuki is responsible for the character design. Gin by BUSTED ROSE is responsible for the music.
The end of the first season of Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro, as the title is titled in its entirety, already suggests that a sequel is planned. In addition, as the manga is still ongoing, the chances of Season 2 are relatively high.
The romantic comedy anime series was launched for simulcast on Crunchyroll in April of this year. Despite strong fan demand, little or nothing is known about the Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2. The American streaming provider and the creators of the studio Telecom Animation Film have yet to make any official announcement about Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2.
A possible start date can therefore only be estimated. Theoretically, the sequel of Miss Nagatoro could already air in a few months, but it would be more realistic at the earliest at the beginning of winter 2022 at the latest.
Plot of Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Season 2
In the season 1 finale, with the help of Nagatoro and his friends, Naoto manages to draw a large crowd in front of his paintings of Nagatoro’s daily life. He defended the president’s painting as an artist and eventually won the personal competition between them. In the post-credits scene, Nagatoro asks him to close his eyes and kisses him on the cheek, which makes them both blush.
In Season 2, the dynamic between the two main characters could continue to develop. Once the president graduates, Naoto will likely take over the art club. Nagatoro’s older brother and sister will likely be introduced in the upcoming season, adding more layers to the anime as a whole. A potential rival from Nagatoro for Senpai’s attention could appear later in the season.
Characters and cast of Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro
Characters and Cast
|Hayase Nagatoro||Sumire Uesaka|
|Naoto Hachiouji||Daiki Yamashita|
|Maki Gamou||Mikako Komatsu|
- Hayase Nagatoro is one of the two main characters of the Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro manga series. She is a high school student who likes to tease and bully her Senpai, the other main character, although she secretly harbors strong feelings for him. Nagatoro is an energetic, athletic, popular and rather sadistic – but deep down very sweet – girl, often referred to as a “sadodere”. She is part of a ‘cool kids’ clique together with her friends Gamo-chan, Yoshi and Sakura, and is a member of the swimming club, despite also having a liking for martial arts such as muay thai, boxing, capoeira and especially judo whom eventually lead her to join the judo club as well.
- Naoto Hachioji is one of the two main characters of the Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro manga series. He is a high school student who constantly gets teased by Nagatoro, the other main character, whom always refers to him only as “Senpai”. He is an introvert, twitchy, loner, nerdy and shy aspiring artist, who tries to avoid social interaction with other people and doesn’t seem to have any friends although, as the story progresses, he bonds with Gamo-chan, Yoshi, Sakura and Nagatoro herself, for whom he also harbors strong feelings. Senpai is the only remaining member of the art club beside the former President.
- Maki Gamou, better known as “Gamo-chan”, is a supporting character of the Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro manga series. She is a high school student and Nagatoro’s best friend. Gamo-chan is a confident, popular, driven and quite aggressive girl as well as the nominal ringleader of the ‘cool kids’ clique, which Yoshi, Sakura and Nagatoro herself are part of. She and Nagatoro share a sort of friendly rivalry and, being aware of her friend’s feelings for Senpai, she likes teasing him and pull unique pranks in order to help their relationship.
- Sana Sunomiya is a supporting character of the Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro manga series. She is a high school – later university – student who served as the “President” of the art club whom Senpai is a member of. The President is a serious, stern and responsible girl, albeit with a habit of public nudity. Despite being semi-retired, she still manages the club’s bureaucracy and logistics, eventually becoming enraged and starting a sort of feud with Gamo-chan, Yoshi, Sakura and especially Nagatoro after they turned the club room into their hangout, although she recognizes the younger girl’s role as Senpai’s muse. Later in the story, she graduates and begin to attend Tokyo University of the Arts.
- Sakura is a supporting character of the Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro manga series. She is a high school student and one of Nagatoro’s friends. Sakura is a sweet and kind, albeit quite flirtatious girl, who dresses in a gyaru style of fashion and is part of a ‘cool kids’ clique, together with Gamo-chan, Yoshi and Nagatoro herself. She often takes part in her friends’ mayhem but, regardless of this, is always extremely friendly towards Senpai.
Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Action
Every day, Naoto Hachiouji is teased relentlessly by Hayase Nagatoro, a first year student he meets one day in the library while working on his manga. After reading his story and seeing his awkward demeanor, she decides from that moment on to toy with him, even calling him “Senpai” in lieu of using his real name.
At first, Nagatoro’s relentless antics are more bothersome than anything and leave him feeling embarrassed, as he is forced to cater to her whims. However, as they spend more time together, a strange sort of friendship develops between them, and Naoto finds that life with Nagatoro can even be fun. But one thing’s for sure: his days will never be dull again.