Netflix has renewed its drama series (Sweet Magnolias) for Sweet Magnolias Season 2. The show, based on a series of novels by best-selling author Sherryl Woods and developed by Sheryl J. Anderson, which was first announced in 2018 and finally released on May 19th, 2020, is among the gems that premiered on Netflix in 2020. The show earned mostly positive reviews from both critics and viewers.
This series added its name to the list of one of the most-watched shows on the streaming platform (Netflix doesn’t release detailed viewing figures for its shows, and the series wasn’t highlighted in the company’s quarterly earnings). You might be wondering why this show was such a hit, the answer lies in the simplicity of this show.
It’s a cozy drama of three lifelong friends boxed up with feel-happy vibes, a family-friendly theme, and small-town charm. The show caught all our hearts for its capability and managing power to add some mysteries into all the lovey-dovey stuff and give the main characters many professional and personal trails to deal with in the entire show. Season one was all about ups and downs, starting a new business, and raising their children in serenity.
Sweet Magnolias Season 2 Release Date
It may not be a surprise, but the entire cast of this show has been posting up things and talked about Sweet Magnolias season 2 long back, even before Netflix broke the news. Keeping in mind the arrival of season one of Sweet Magnolias in the spring of 2020, the fans expect Sweet Magnolias season 2 to release by spring of 2021. However, Netflix confirmed that the show would return with its Sweet Magnolias season 2, but now it seems they will have to wait a bit more for another season of Sweet Magnolias.
Recently, Netflix released the list of shows and movies coming in April 2021, and unfortunately, Sweet Magnolias season two could not make up to this list for April and is not making up its way to Netflix. Now that we know the fans cannot see Sweet Magnolias anytime soon, the time has come to explore our thoughts and look ahead to figure out when exactly Sweet Magnolias season 2 would come to Netflix (Sex/Life Season 2).
Anyhow it is important to note that, like many other shows, Sweet Magnolias was not able to resume its production and filming as it has been affected by the global pandemic and upcoming Covid-19 threats. The best thing is that there’s a lot of evidence and proves that the show performs well and is liked by all, mainly in the United States. This show has also been ranked 99 as being the most popular show of 2020.
In a promotional announcement of cast members for the series, Deadline reports, production is underway with Netflix eyeing a 2022 premiere date for Sweet Magnolias season 2. As the production not beginning until Spring 2021, Netflix won’t be able to roll out the Sweet Magnolias Season 2 until a yet-to-be-determined date in 2022.
Sweet Magnolias Cast and Characters
- Maddie Townsend (JoAnna Garcia Swisher), a recently separated woman in Serenity, South Carolina who is trying to get back into the workforce while going through a divorce with her husband, Bill. She is part of a friend group that called themselves Sweet Magnolias.
- Dana Sue Sullivan (Brooke Elliott), a chef and owner of a restaurant called Sullivan’s. She is Helen’s and Maddie’s best friend and part of the Sweet Magnolias.
- Helen Decatur (Heather Headley), an accomplished attorney. She is Dana Sue’s and Maddie’s best friend, and one of the Sweet Magnolias. She bought a mansion to convert into a spa called The Corner Spa with Maddie and Dana Sue.
- Kyle Townsend (Logan Allen), Maddie and Bill’s younger son who is a freshman at Serenity High School with a talent for acting. He has a crush on Annie.
- Annie Sullivan (Anneliese Judge), Dana Sue’s daughter. She is friends with the Townsend brothers and an avid photographer. She has a crush on Tyler, whom she kissed after having too much to drink at a party, and is oblivious to Kyle’s feelings.
- Tyler “Ty” Townsend (Carson Rowland), Maddie and Bill’s eldest son who is a junior at Serenity High School and a star pitcher on his high school baseball team
- Cal Maddox (Justin Bruening), Ty’s baseball coach and Maddie’s new love interest. He is a former professional baseball player.
- Bill Townsend (Chris Klein), Maddie’s ex-husband and a family doctor at Serenity Family Physicians
- Noreen Fitzgibbons (Jamie Lynn Spears), Bill’s pregnant fiancée, a medical assistant in his office who became his mistress
Sweet Magnolias Season 2: Plot and Expectations
Sweet Magnolias season one was wrapped up dramatically, leaving the show in suspense, especially in the last 10 minutes. Fans are all tangled up in their thoughts and questions for season two and are desperately waiting for it. At the end of the season, the huge cliff-hanger might give the conclusions of the fight from the after-prom party.
It’s obvious that if this show was picked up for another season, it would be addressing Kyle’s condition after the car accident and about the people who were in the car with him. Sweet Magnolias Season 2 is not just limited to this but about Maddie accepting Bill again back, who’s using kids as a good reason to give it a shot.
The show might also try to answer Noreen being in the picture. From the season one, we know that Helen just broke all the strings from her on and off boyfriend again; the show would be taking a different path to show us their destiny, especially since she is desperate for a child.
At last, talking about Dana, she is all messed up and has her problems keeping her business on track and is now known to the fact that she may have an estranged kid working with her in the kitchen. Amazingly the show’s writer has plenty more sources to collect ideas and work with. Sweet Magnolias series is based on a novel series named Sherryl Woods that spanned up to eleven books. However, we have to see how exactly the Netflix series will keep up with the novel in Sweet Magnolias season 2. All we can do now is wait to see what Netflix has in store.